There are several QuickBooks Desktop Editions including:
- QuickBooks Pro: A starter version suitable for many smaller companies. Some reporting and inventory functions are limited.
- QuickBooks Premier: This has many more features and even has industry specific editions.
- QuickBooks Enterprise: The top of the line product for companies with more complex needs. More advanced features are available such as Advanced Inventory, Reporting and Pricing.
While any QuickBooks product is a great choice, we can help you find the product that is best for you. The Pro Edition includes the following features:
- Allows up to 3 simultaneous users
- Allows you to invoice your customers and track open balances.
- Adds sales tax to your invoices and creates monthly reports of amounts due to the state
- Easily tracks the bills you owe
- Keeps inventory stock status for items purchased and sold
- With an extra fee, you can run payroll and related reports
- Run a full set of financial reports such as an Income Statement (Profit and Loss), Balance Sheet, Accounts Receivable, Customer Statements, Accounts Payable and many more
- Allows you to create a budget and some planning reports
Premier is the next step up. This edition includes all of the features of QuickBooks Pro and also offers:
- Allows up to 5 simultaneous users
- Sales Receipts to track sales ordered buy not shipped
- More reports to choose from including cash forecasting and industry specific reports
- Enhanced Inventory features.
Industry Specific Editions with QuickBooks Premier
Both Premier and Enterprise have Industry Specific Editions.
- General Business: Enhanced Reporting, Invoicing and other features
- Contractor: Greatly enhanced Job Costing including a Job Costing Center. Allows you to tell if you are really making money on each specific project.
- Manufacturing and Wholesale: A great edition which allows you to keep reorder points for inventory by vendor, track profitability by product and even prioritize which orders to fulfull.
- Nonprofit: Allows you to create year end donor statements and a report to help file the 990.
- Professional Services: Track unbilled time, set different rates per client and employee, track profitability by project and client.
- Retail: Easily enter daily sales from your POS system, track inventory and run detailed financial reports such as the Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet.
The Enterprise Editions allow up to 30 users and has more advanced features. Please see our Enterprise Features page for more details.